Servers are our employees which interact with customers the most. They are there to serve at the customer’s pleasure throughout their visit.
Here are just some of the expectations for this position:
- Welcome each customer with a friendly greeting and a smile
- Inform customers of specials and menu changes
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your customers will enjoy
- Describe in detail tastes and textures
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers, enter orders accurately into the system
- Anticipate the needs of customers, i.e., more coffee. Demonstrates “service” attitude with other staff and customers
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask management intervention when necessary.